Friday, May 21, 2010

RIT Dye (Help Dyeing Jacket)?

I want to dye a jacket royal blue29- the jacket comes in 2 colors (Navy Blue with black collar and tan with brown collar) I'd like a dark royal blue result but I don't now which jacket would give me the best result


I know they sell a Rtt color remover so would I be better off trying to remove the tan with the brown collar and then dyeing it or removing the navy blue with black collar and dyieng it royal blue(would the collar match the rest?)?


Thanks in advance!

RIT Dye (Help Dyeing Jacket)?
Dyeing clothes is never easy, and dyeing pre made clothes even less so.





You have forgotten one important bit of information. What are the jackets made of %26amp; what kind of fabric is the Rit dye for?





Ritt colour remover is a chemical that MAY remove the dye from your jacket but it will also alter the fabric of the jacket because it is so strong.





Rit dye is used hot, if Im not mistaken. Will the fabrics take a long soak in a hot dye bath well?





Buttons will not dye %26amp; neither will polyester thread, so if the colour of the thread is tan you may end up with a navy jacket %26amp; tan thread.





Frankly I would try getting a blouse or skirt at the op shop, give it a good wash with some nappisan or the like %26amp; then try dyeing it. I think you will be better pleased with the result.








If you want to try dyeing fabrics try procion type dyes (also known as cold water dyes), they are cheaper, stronger %26amp; better than Ritt.


No comments:

Post a Comment