Monday, May 17, 2010

Does anyone have any info on vintage "Royal Sabre" bicycles?

I found this bike in the trash a few years ago and it is in pretty bad shape. I would like to see a picture of one in great condition so I can have it restored. I can't however, find a serial number. I don't care if it is worth anything or not, I would like some history on it, who makes it, and how old it may be. It has some pinstriping and a shield on the front in white, and blue that says "Royal Sabre", it also says "R.S" on the down tube and fender. It looks like it might have been purple and gold at one point. Thanks for your help!!

Does anyone have any info on vintage "Royal Sabre" bicycles?
Yeah. No. Royal Sabre was made as a lower end bike in the late 60s/early 70s. Most of these were made in Poland or Germany, but I understand some may have been made in England by Raleigh.





They were commonly sold in auto parts stores for the $60 range. It's a cool bike, but not worth restoring unless you want a cool bike that isn't worth much (perhaps $30 or so).
Reply:I'm little help here but found this site on the web with a reference to that brand... check it out. Maybe look up vintage bike sites and post this question there?





http://oldroads.com/arch/LTW2001_7_318_3...

anniversary flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment