Saturday, May 15, 2010

What is the correct color of blue velvet?

I am trying to match up my colors for my wedding. The blue velvet it's showing me on David's Bridal site is like a royal blue. I went to purchase the color swatch at DB's store and it is a dark color almost a navy blue color. Now I have bought royal blue ribbon have used it, to now compare it to a different color. I don't want to keep spending anymore money trying to get the same color. But I don't know what to do. What can I do about the flowers I have already bought and added them to decoration but it's not the right color?

What is the correct color of blue velvet?
The blue velvet in David's Bridal is really royal blue. My sister had the David's Bridal dresses in "blue velvet." We bought silky/satiny royal blue ribbons of all types/sizes at Michael's and they matched just fine. You didn't say what color the flowers themselves were, but my sister had light blue hydrangeas, white roses, white stephanotis and baby's breath, green ivy, along with royal blue and white ribbons in the bouquets. It turned out lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment