Friday, November 18, 2011

I recently noticed while watching footage of the British queen that her garb is not purple or royal blue...?

it's a darker shade of red; either burgundy or garnet. My question is: when did this become the royal color and why? Only serious answers, please.

I recently noticed while watching footage of the British queen that her garb is not purple or royal blue...?
Burgundy and /or garnet were always a royal color. It's rich it's dark enough, if you study Renaissance the color above mentioned is predominant. I don't know when this became her royal color, but times are changing, mind you. I think it's as much royal as the purple or the royal blue. I this I heard this before, but dark reds are supposedly her favorite, but I might be dead wrong. Anyway... I hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment